C-town (hereinafter referred to as the “company”) is a corporation organized under the laws of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan (HKJ).
C-town is an online delivery service that enables consumers to purchase items from nearby merchants and have these items delivered to their doorstep.
WHAT THIS POLICY ENTAILS?
- Sets out the types of personal information we collect.
- Explains how and why we collect and use your personal information
- Explains when and why we may share personal information within C-Town and with other organizations
- Explains how we protect the personal information we collect and
- Explains the rights and choices you have in relation to your personal information
This Policy applies if you use our services (referred to in this Policy as “our Services”). Using our Services means:
- Buying /ordering services or products from any of our subsidiaries over the phone, in store, or online
- Using any of our platforms, including websites or mobile applications
- Taking part in our promotions & competitions and registering to receive our newsletters and offers
This Policy also applies if you contact us or we contact you about our services.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you register to our services, we may collect:
- Your personal details, including your postal and billing addresses, email address(s), phone number(s), date of birth, gender, account login details, such as your username and the password (encrypted) that you have chosen
When you shop with us online, browse our Websites, use our Mobile Apps, we may collect:
- Information about your online purchases (for example: what, when, where you ordered / bought and how you paid)
- Information about your online browsing behavior on our Websites, Mobile Apps and public networks and information about when you click on one of our adverts (including those shown on other organizations’ websites)
When you contact us or we contact you or you take part in promotions, competitions, surveys or questionnaires about our Services, we may collect:
- Personal information you provide about yourself
- Details of emails and other digital communications we send to you, including information about the emails you open and links in them that you click
- Your feedback and contributions to customer surveys and questionnaires.
WHY AND HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Make our Services available to you
We use your personal information to provide the services you have requested, including:
- Processing your orders and refunds
- Managing the accounts you hold with us
This is so we can provide the services to you in line with our contractual obligations.
Personalize your experience
We may use your personal information to personalize the marketing messages we send to you and to make them more relevant and interesting, as this is in our legitimate business interests. Where necessary we will obtain your consent first. We may use your personal information for this purpose in the following ways:
- Using your online browsing behavior as well as your in-store and online purchases to help us better understand you as a customer and provide you with personalized offers and services
- Providing you with relevant marketing communications (including by email, post, telephone, SMS, or online advertising), relating to products and services we offer, and those of our suppliers and partners. As part of this, online advertising may be displayed on the website and on other organizations’ websites and online media channels. We may also measure the effectiveness of our marketing communications and those of our suppliers and partners.
- To help us to better understand you and provide you with services and marketing communications that are relevant to your interests, we combine personal information collected when you make purchases in-store with personal information collected from our websites, mobile apps and other sources, including the subsidiaries under C-Town.
Contact and interact with you
We may use your personal information when we communicate with you, in order to:
- Contact you about our services, for example by phone, email or post or by responding to social media posts that you have directed at us
- Manage promotions and competitions you take part in, including those we run with our suppliers and partners
- Invite you to take part in and manage customer surveys, questionnaires and other market research activities carried out by C-Town and by other organizations on our behalf
It is in our legitimate business interests that we are able to provide you with appropriate responses and provide you with notice about our services.
Manage and improve our day-to-day operations
We analyze information about how you use our services to:
- Manage and improve our websites and mobile apps
- Help to develop and improve our product range, services, stores, information technology systems, know-how and the way we communicate with you
- Detect and prevent fraud or other crime.
It is in our legitimate business interests to use the information provided to us for this purpose, so we can understand any issues with our services to improve it.
COOKIES, WEB BEACONS, AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
Like many websites, and web and mobile service, we may use (or work with third party partners) a variety of technologies to learn more about how people interact with us. This section provides more information about some of those technologies and how they work.
Cookies: Cookies are small text files that websites and other online services use to store information about users on the users' own computers. Cookies can be used to store sign-in credentials so that you don't have to enter them each time you return to a website, or to store other information to make web viewing more customized or efficient upon future visits. Cookies also may store a unique identifier tied to your computer so that web services and advertising networks can recognize you across visits to different websites. You can configure your internet browser to warn you each time a cookie is being sent or to refuse all or certain cookies completely.
We may use or support cookies as follows:
- To collect information about your browsing activities in order to deliver customized or relevant services
- To relate the information collected by cookies to information we obtain from you directly
Changes to this Policy